Discount Auto Insurance Savings
Industry studies reveal that shopping for discount auto insurance on the Internet can save individuals as much as $100 on the premium, in addition to an online discount.According to insurance experts, 25 percent of car owners in the US renew their auto insurance policies without negotiating with their insurance company. The new premium may be as much as 10 percent more. This makes shopping for discount auto insurance online a wise choice for saving money on your insurance premiums.
Discount Auto Insurance Companies
Insurance experts advise checking auto insurance rates twice a year to see if you are getting the best rate possible. The following companies specialize in providing discount auto insurance:
Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) provides low-cost, high-quality insurance. In business since 1936, GEICO specializes in selling discount auto insurance directly to the consumer. GEICO offers discounts for a variety of consumer groups and affiliations, to include:
- Good student
- Good Driver
- Professional Groups
- Other Affiliations
For more information, visit their Web site at Geico.com.
Esurance Insurance Company, a division of White Mountains Insurance Group, received its charter in 1933. Esurance Insurance Company and Esurance Property and Casualty Insurance Company are rated A (Excellent) from A.M. Best, a worldwide benchmark indicating financial strength and reliability. Esurance offers discounts in various states and is the first insurance company to accept payments through PayPal, an e-commerce provider. Visit their Web site at esurance.com.
Kemper, with three separate businesses combined, is a leading financial service provider that provides discount auto insurance. To find average savings for your area, you can visit their Web site and simply enter your zip code. Kemper offers quotes and insurance via their Web site, an agent, or by phone.
Progressive Insurance serves as both a leading provider of insurance and as a referral service. Insurance quotes may be obtained via their Web site or by phone. Individuals are required to get a Progressive Direct quote first before obtaining comparison quotes. Rates from well-known insurance include:
- American Standard
- American Family
- State Farm
Discount Insurance Services
A variety of insurance marketplaces exist that enable consumers to compare multiple discount insurance companies and their rates. Some of the most comprehensive include:
ComparisonMarket operates the leading independent auto insurance agencies online. Individuals receive free and unbiased real-time quotes. Auto insurance may be purchased online via their Web site. Their insurance company comparisons include:
|The Hartford||Liberty Mutual||MetLife||Permanent General|
|Progressive Drive Insurance||Safeco||Travelers||Esurance|
Money Saving Tips
The following money saving features, obtained from GEICO, may help you save on your auto insurance. The discount amounts listed apply to GEICO customers for comparison.
- Air bags: 25 to 40 percent discount on medical premiums.
- Anti-lock brake system: Five percent discount.
- Anti-theft system: A built in system could earn up to 25 percent off comprehensive coverage.
- Daytime running lights: Three percent discount on certain coverages.
Affiliations and Driver Discounts
- Five-year accident-free good driver: Up to 26 percent discount on most coverages.
- Seat belt use: 15 percent on the medical payments or personal injury protection portion of your premium.
- Military: 15 percent discount on your total insurance premium and up to 25 percent additional benefits to military policyholders who are deployed as a result of a military emergency to Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Good student: Up to a 15 percent discount on certain coverages for policyholders between the ages of 16 and 25, with a B average or better.
- Senior-Level Federal Employee: Up to eight percent discount on premium.
GEICO also offers the following discounts:
- Partnering organization: If you belong to one of the 200 plus groups affiliated with GEICO, you may receive an additional eight percent discount on your total insurance premium.
- Professional Group: California, Arizona and Wisconsin policyholders may qualify for up to a 27 percent discount if a graduate student or a member of one of the professional groups affiliated with GEICO.
- Renewal Discount: GEICO policyholders may be eligible for renewal discounts of up to 30 percent.
For More Information
Carinsurance.com offers many informative articles on discount auto insurance and a place where the public can ask specific questions about insurance related needs.