Antique cars have fascinated many collectors. Each vehicle offers a peek into the past and represents different times in history. Since damage or theft can cost thousands of dollars, protecting these valuable vehicles is a priority. That's where antique and collector car insurance companies come into play. Specializing in vintage collectible vehicles, they have a better understanding of the special requirements and care that are needed to protect your investment.
Where Do You Find the Right Antique Car Insurance Company?
So, you've purchased the classic vehicle of your dreams. Now, where do you find the right antique car insurance company? A great source is the Internet. To save you time, a selection of websites that specialize in insurance for antique vehicles has been collected and organized for your convenience. The information is useful and will help you make the decision on what is appropriate for your needs.
Classic Auto Insurance Co.
Classic Auto Insurance Company is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. They have been in business since 1992 and specialize in antique, custom, and modified classic vehicles.
To qualify for their antique car insurance, there are certain rules and requirements that must be followed in order for your vehicle to be covered.
Classic Auto Insurance Qualifications
- If your vehicle has any modifications or alterations, full documentation explaining these changes must be provided.
- A good driving record with no more than one at fault accident or moving violation within 3 years.
- Driver(s) insured by the vehicle need to be at least 26 years old.
- Vehicle must be kept in a fully closed and locked garage when not in use.
- Insurance does not cover vehicles used for general transportation.
Insurance Plans and Benefits
- Vehicles over 15 years old have no deductible.
- Provides plans for antique, street rods, racecar replicas, and classic vehicles.
- Insurance covers most states except South Carolina, Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
Quotes are provided online, by fax, or by phone. Information needed is listed below:
- Number of vehicles owned
- Year, make and model of the vehicle
- Vehicle price value
- How many miles a year do you drive?
- Is your vehicle garaged? Modified?
- Deductible amount (a couple choices are provided)
- Other insurance coverage: liability, body injury, property damage, uninsured motorist
By mail: Classic Auto Insurance Agency - 8481 Bash Street, Suite 1300, Indianapolis, IN 46250By phone: 800-397-0765
By fax: 317-576-1899
American Collectors Insurance
American Collectors Insurance is a New Jersey based antique car insurance company that has been in business since 1976. They specialize in vehicles as early as the 19th century through 1991. The company seems enthusiastic about antique cars and provides useful and informative links to events and articles that would interest collectors.
Insurance quotes are provided through fax, phone, or on the web with their online application.
Information Needed for a Quote
- Year, make, model and price value of the vehicle
- Is the vehicle a stock, modified, or antique motorcycle?
- Liability insurance?
- Physical damage coverage plan?
- Deductible amount
- Contact information: name, address, phone, and email address
By mail: American Collectors Insurance - PO Box 8343, Cherry Hill, NJ 05002
By phone: 800-360-2277
By fax: 856-779-7289
Classic Hagerty Insurance
Hagerty Insurance is an antique car insurance company that has been in business since 1966. Located in Traverse City, Michigan, they specialize in collector cars and boats. Passionate about these vehicles, they are collectors themselves, post current related antique car events, and have a large selection of articles archived in their website.
Classic Hagerty Insurance Qualifications
- Vehicle must not be used for general driving and must be kept in a closed/locked garage when not in use
- Driver must have no more than 2 minor traffic violations or accidents
- Home kit cars, camping vehicles, modified motorcycles, dune buggies and vehicles with a nitrous system are ineligible and cannot be covered by Hagerty's insurance.
- To be considered, drivers must be at least 18 years old. However in some states, the driver must be licensed for at least 5 years before qualifying for the insurance.
Hagerty Insurance Benefits
- Hagerty boasts low premiums
- Repairs for your vehicle can be covered at the shop of your choice
- Roadside assistance 24 hours a day
- Single liability claim no matter how large of a collection of cars you own
Information Needed for a Quote
Hagerty offers quick quotes through their website by answering the following:
- How many vehicles owned
- What state is your vehicle registered?
- Policy effective date
- Birth date, years licensed
- How many points on your driving record?
- Year, make, model and type of vehicle
- Price value of the vehicle
- Miles driven per year
After completion, a quote is given with your possible monthly payment amount.
By mail: Hagerty Insurance, P.O. Box 1303 Traverse City, MI 49685-1303
By phone: 800-922-4050
By fax: 231-941-8227