Freeway Insurance has provided California drivers with low cost auto insurance since 1987. They offer a variety of policies to meet the various needs of drivers, including high risk drivers.
About Freeway Insurance
Freeway Insurance Services is a licensed California broker of various types of insurance including fire, casualty and automobile. They specialize in providing many options to California drivers for low cost auto insurance.
As a broker, Freeway does not just work for, or represent, one insurance company. They have selected over 30 insurance carriers which they feel could provide excellent coverage and service for their customers. Freeway offers policies from these chosen providers, often offering multiple policies from each insurance carrier. By hand-picking these carriers and policies, Freeway can offer policies covering a wide range of benefits, prices, deductibles and payment plans. They also has a very large selection of auto insurance programs for high risk drivers.
California High Risk Insurance
A California driver could be considered "high risk" by insurance companies based on several factors including their age, the vehicle they drive and their driving record. Specifically, a driver could be considered high risk in any of the following circumstances:
- Under the age of 18
- A suspended driver's license
- Owner of a high performance car
- A drunk driving conviction
- Multiple speeding tickets
- Multiple accidents over the last three years
A high risk driver may find it very difficult to obtain car insurance coverage. It is very common for an insurance company to refuse to insure a high risk driver. Or, they may be willing to write a limited form of insurance with very expensive rates including minimal coverage with a very large down payment, a large deductible and a large premium.
On the other hand, a broker such as Freeway Insurance that specializes in high risk insurance will have a larger assortment of policies from which to choose.
Policy Options Offered
Freeway Insurance representatives work with customers to find the best policy for their specific needs. For example, they can suggest ways to purchase less coverage or arrange for larger deductibles in order to reduce the overall cost of the insurance. The representatives can also help the customer find policies that offer discounts for which the customer may qualify such as driver's education or traffic school.
There are a variety of coverage options available from the insurance companies represented by Freeway Insurance. Policy options range from only state-mandated liability coverage to full coverage. Policy deductibles can range from as little as $100 to as much as $1,000 or more. As with all insurance, the more coverage that is purchased, the higher the premium charged.
Common coverage options include:
- Bodily Injury Liability - Protects you if you are in an accident and cause bodily injury to other people in the accident.
- Property Damage Liability - Protects you when your accident causes damage to someone's property.
- Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury - Pays you for injuries you or other passengers in your car receive due to an accident caused by an uninsured driver.
- Medical Payments - Pays medical expenses resulting from an accident for you or other passengers, regardless of who caused the accident.
- Comprehensive - Pays for vehicle damages caused by an action other than a collision, such as theft, fire, or vandalism.
- Collision - Pays for damage to your car when you collide with another vehicle.
- Towing - Pays for all or part of your towing expenses after an accident.
- Rental Car Reimbursement - Pays for all or part of your rental car expenses when your car is being repaired after an accident.
California requires all drivers to have two types of liability insurance: bodily injury and property damage. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) may revoke a driver's license if the driver cannot prove that he or she is, in fact, insured. This proof is made by submitting a completed form to the DMV, called a SR-22. The driver can regain their driver's license as soon as the DMV has received the completed SR-22.Freeway Insurance is prepared to provide a completed SR-22 form the same day that liability insurance is established with an insurance carrier. So, if your license is revoked in the morning, you could be back on the road before the end of the day if you purchase your insurance through Freeway during the day.