The Misc. Insurance category is compiled of coverage that doesn't fall into such categories of car, medical, or travel. In fact, today you can insure just about anything that you hold dear, assuming it has financial value. You'll find those hard-to-categorize insurance topics here.
There have been some unusual policies drawn in recent years, but none quite as strange as insuring body parts.
For many celebrities, typical life or disability insurance just isn't adequate. Instead, they opt to insure the very body parts or talents that have made them household names. While this type of insurance doesn't apply to average citizens, many famous names have purchased specialty policies from Lloyd's of London.
Although the rumors that Jennifer Lopez had insured her considerable assets for $1 billion turned out to be false, many other celebrities have chosen to protect their bodily valuables. Here is a partial list:
- Jamie Lee Curtis -- legs insured at one time
- Angie Everhart -- legs insured
- Mary Hart -- legs insured for $1 million
- Liberace -- hands insured
- Dolly Parton -- breasts insured for $600,000
- Keith Richards (Rolling Stones) -- hands insured
- Egon Ronay (food critic) -- taste buds insured for $400,000
- Bruce Springsteen -- voice insured for $6 million
- Rod Steward -- voice insured
Perhaps even stranger than all of these was Bette Davis' $28,000 policy protecting her from weight gain.
We probably can't help you insure your body parts or talents, but we can help you with the following:
Our contributors are working all the time and adding new content frequently. LoveToKnow provides accurate misc. insurance information, helping to make your decision-making process easier.